A Yearning for God


Drawing inspiration from Psalm 42, Martin J. Nystrom, an American musician and songwriter, wrote this hymn in 1982 while embarking on a fast. As you ponder over the lyrics, may you be drawn to the same place of surrender and intense yearning for more of God in your life.


1. As the deer panteth for the waters

So my soul panteth after Thee

You alone are my heart’s desire

And I long to worship you.


You alone are my strength and shield

To you alone may my spirit yield

You alone are my heart’s desire

And I long to worship you.


2. I want you more than gold or silver

Only you can satisfy

You alone are the real joy giver

And the apple of my eye.


3. You are my friend and you are my brother

Even though you are a King

I love you more than any other

So much more than anything


“As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?” (Psalm 42:1-2)


Remain inspired!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyes are watching

A Punctuation in History

IS GOD SILENT OR WE ARE DEAF?