Be Still, My Soul


The comfort of spirituality is to rest assured that God is with you. In the midst of the storms of life, you can whisper to your soul, "Be still, my soul; the Lord is on thy side."


May this hymn written by Katharina Von Schlegel in 1697 minister strength and comfort to your soul.


1 Be still, my soul; the Lord 

is on thy side

Bear patiently the cross of 

grief or pain;

Leave to thy God to order and 

provide;

In every change he faithful 

will remain;

Be still, my soul: thy best, thy 

heavenly friend

Through thorny way leads to 

a joyful end


2. Be still, my soul, thy God 

doth undertake

To guide the future as he has 

the past

Thy hope, thy confidence let 

nothing shake

All now mysterious shall be 

bright at last

Be still, my soul; the waves 

and winds still know

His voice who ruled them 

while he dwelt below


3. Be still, my soul; when 

dearest friend depart

And all is darkened in the 

vale of tears

Then shalt thou better know 

his love, his heart

Who comes to soothe thy 

sorrow and thy fears

Be still, my soul, thy Jesus 

can repay

From his own fullness, all he 

takes away.


4. Be still, my soul; the hour 

is hastening on

When we shall be forever 

with the Lord.

When disappointment, grief 

and fear are gone

Sorrow forgot, love's purest 

joys restored

Be still, my soul, when 

change and tears are past

All safe and blessed we shall 

meet at last


"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalms 46:10)


Remain inspired!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Punctuation in History

Eyes are watching

Is it worth it?