Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me

In order to achieve the Lord's purpose this year, we need His direction. May the following hymn written by Edward Hopper and published in 1871 inspire us to seek God's face in prayer for divine direction. 


1 Jesus, Savior, pilot me,

Over life’s tempestuous sea;

Unknown waves before me roll,

Hiding rock and treach’rous shoal;

Chart and compass came from Thee:

Jesus, Savior, pilot me.


2 As a mother stills her child,

Thou canst hush the ocean wild;

Boist’rous waves obey Thy will

When Thou say’st to them, “Be still!”

Wondrous Sov’reign of the sea,

Jesus, Savior, pilot me.


3 When at last I near the shore,

And the fearful breakers roar

’Twixt me and the peaceful rest,

Then, while leaning on Thy breast,

May I hear Thee say to me,

“Fear not, I will pilot thee.”


Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." (Isaiah 30:21)


Remain inspired!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Punctuation in History

Eyes are watching

Is it worth it?