Zeal for God


In the late 18th century, Benjamin Beddom, a Baptist Pastor and a son of another Baptist Minister, wrote this hymn to express his zeal to serve His master Jesus.


As our world continues to descend in ungodliness, may we be inspired and fired up in holy zeal to serve our beloved Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.


1 If duty calls, and suffering, too,

My Lord! I’d follow Thee;

As Thou hast done, so would I do,

As Thou art, would I be.


2 With zeal inflamed, ’twas Thy delight

To do Thy Father’s will;

May the same zeal my soul excite

Thy precepts to fulfill.


3 Meekness, humility, and love

Did through Thy conduct shine;

O may my whole deportment prove

A copy, Lord! of Thine.


4 Depending on Thy sovereign grace,

I’ll tread the heavenly road;

With willing mind Thy footsteps trace,

And climb to Thine abode.


5 O let me run the Christian race

With diligence and speed!

God’s word, His Spirit, and His grace,

Do all to duty lead.


6 Did Jesus leave the realms of bliss

To save from sin and hell?

A love so wonderful as this

Calls for a glowing zeal.


"For zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me." (Psalm 69:9)


Remain inspired!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyes are watching

A Punctuation in History

Health is Wealth