The Blessed Lamb of Calvary


Today is Good Friday - the only Good Friday of the year. The true essence of Easter is for us to have a personal encounter with the blessed lamb of Calvary. Such an encounter transforms and empowers us for godly service.


The following hymn was written by Barbara Stoddart and published in 1893. May you be inspired by these words to draw near to the blessed Lamb of Calvary. 


1 Blessèd Lamb of Calvary,

Let Thy Spirit fall on me;

Let the cleansing, healing flow

Wash and keep me white as snow,

That henceforth my life may be

Bright and beautiful for Thee.


2 Burn out every selfish thought,

Let Thy will in me be wrought;

Fan my love into a flame,

Send a Pentecostal rain,

That henceforth my life may be

Spent in winning souls for Thee.


3 Teach me how to fight and win

Perfect victory over sin;

Give me a compassion deep,

That will for lost sinners weep,

That henceforth my life may prove

That I serve Thee out of love.


The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29)


Remain inspired!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyes are watching

A Punctuation in History

Is it worth it?